Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

And I groaned when Al Gore was so honored.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

via Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize « The American Catholic.

The Nobel Peace Prize is turning into the Oscar awards, where Brokeback Mountain wins big but Bella and other good movies get nothing.

APTOPIX Democratic Convention

This entry was posted in Politics and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

1. Jerod says:

Devin, I almost called you when I heard this on the news this morning, but I wasn’t sure if y’all were up or not… If only they announced these awards around April 1st.

2. Maureen says:

Oy….let’s hope he doesn’t bring the same “peace” to the world that he’s brought to our country’s political environment. The smearing and bullying nature of “debate” over issues is sad and prevents real discussion and understanding. I always thought they gave the prize for actions, not talk.

3. dee says:

brokeback mountain! hahaha i love it. great comparison.

4. Shannon says:

I just read that the nominations are due Feb 1, which means he received the award after only having been on the job for 11 days!

5. Adam says:

I have visions of ending world hunger. Give ME the award now! I promise I’ll do it later…

What a joke.

6. Katie says:

I’ve got my palm branches ready and have been practicing my “Hosanna’s”. Where can I line up?

And, I think if Obama concentrates REALLY hard, the lion might lie down with the lamb.

There, I’ve had my daily dose of snarkiness.

7. Francie says:

Un – be- lievable!

8. Courtney says:

I am not surprised. Looking at past recipients who were given this award for their “attempts at peace” like Al Gore, the committee seems more interested in media-friendly candidates than those who really promote peace in deed not just words. Now the pressure is on Obama to live up
    to it. Maybe he can finally solve the generations of conflict in the
    Middle East by a summit in the Optah show with the help of Dr. phil. (Katir, that was My snarky comment for the day! ;)